GD2016 will take place at the Ionic Centre in Athens:
The Ionic Centre
11 Lysiou Street
10556 Athens, Greece
- Welcome Reception and registration in the Roof terace, 7pm-9pm, Sunday, September 18, 2016.
- All GD2016 Sessions in the Aerides room, September 19-21, 2016.
- Conference Dinner, Tuesday, September 20, 2016: Strofi Restaurant
Rovertou Galli 25,
11742 Athens, Greece
The Ionic Centre is at walking distance from three metro stations: Acropolis, Syntagma and Monastiraki station. You can see the locations on the map below.
The airport that serves the city of Athens is the Athens International Airport. From there you can get downtown by means of public transportation or by taxi.
- Metro trains run every 30 minutes between 6.30am and 11.30pm. The one-way fare is 10 €.
- Buses are more frequent and run 24 hours per day. The one-way fare is 6 €.
- Taxis are also available at the designated Taxi waiting area of the airport and the fare to the city centre is fixed at 38 € (from 05.00am to midnight) and at 50 € during the night (midnight to 05.00am).